Carnivore, here I come......


                  
It took me too many years to understand that I need to listen to my body instead of people and their opinions. That's the reason I am 72 years old before I realized what my body was trying to tell me for years. And I learned this 3 weeks ago!

To go back in time I have been on diets my whole life from that I become a  teenager. 

I know all diets there is, I have been on the WeightWatcher, eaten Cabbage
soups 24/7, lived on shredded carrots, starved myself and the last 15 years tried LowCarbHighFat diet and the 5/2 diet where you eat 5 days and fast 2 days. Everything have worked for a little while. I lost a few pounds here and there and then got tired of the diet. Once I start cheating, that was it and I could not get myself back on track. 
Thru all these years I knew that I liked meat, it kept my hunger away but I always added vegetables because that is what I was taught.....eat your vegetables....we are all raised that way right?! So I skipped the potatoes or rice and ate the rest. 20 years ago it worked, but then I stopped smoking and I moved to USA, and my weight went up and up and up. Until I reached 198 pounds 3 years ago, I was horrified, I always kept my weight around 145-160. I am 5.2" and when I was young I was around 125-130 but it increased over the years.

With the weight the blood pressure medication came and boy did the side effects pop up right away. The worst part is the cramps in my legs at night because the potassium levels are so low. 3 weeks ago I had enough while standing in the middle of the night screaming out loud because of the cramps that was killing me. This is it......I have to find a way to lower my blood pressure and the only way is to loose weight!! But how.......so far I had tried everything and nothing worked longterm.

And one day 3 weeks ago, May 17, I discovered the Carnivore diet for the first time. Is it really truth that you can live without fruit and vegetables? YES, you can. And for the first time in my life I am full and happy all day long on a little piece of meat! Not a huge one, just a 300 ounce steak divided in 2 for lunch and dinner and some bullet coffee in the morning and thats it. I feel content and I am not starving. I have no cravings for fruit like I use to have (unless I cheat, then the cravings come back)
I was to my doctor 2 weeks ago and did my blood work. The results where as always, high LDL Cholesterol, but the rest is good.

Starting weight May 17 2018  196 pound
Goal                                         130 pound  

It would  be wonderful  to loose 66 pounds but I am happy with any weight where I don't have to take my blood pressure medication anymore!

                                                                                 
Cholesterol total   218 high
Triglycerides        124
HDL                       60
VLDL                     25
LDL                     133 high


Hemoglobin Alc.  5.6 (5.7-6.4 is the range for pre diabetes)
          
The last 10 years I have been pre diabetes, not sure what happened here but I'm not anymore!

                                                                              
ALT (SGPT)          36 high 
in 6 month we will compare these figures, thats the only way to prove to the doubters that this way of eating is healthy.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weight 186.6